The Oviatt Building was designed by the Los Angeles architectural firm of Walker & Eisen, and was completed in 1928. Its furnishings included a 12-ton illuminated glass cornice and glass arcade ceiling by architect Ferdinand Chanut and glassmaker Gaëtan Jeannin. René Lalique designed and created the molded glass elevator door panels, front and side doors, chandeliers, and a large panel clock. Many tons of ‘Napoleon’ marble and a massive, three-faced tower clock with chimes (manufactured by the pioneering electric clockmaker, Ateliers Brillié Frères ) were imported from France.
We will also have access to Cicada Restaurant is located in the huge, ornate Art Deco space on the building’s ground floor and upstairs mezzanine.